on 10/5/14, 2:47 AM 1,187 views

Windows Server 2012 installation.

Done PATH=C:\progra~1\wkhtmltopdf\bin

Done webkit_path=C:\progra~1\wkhtmltopdf\bin\wkhtmltopdf.exe

Not working...what i can control?

Thanks

Ben Bernard
On 10/6/14, 5:20 AM

Odoo 8 use report module by default and it's not using webkit_path. webkit_path is used in report_webkit module. Historically, odoo 8 move to support generating report with wkhtmltopdf by default and implement it in report module. The report module itself use PATH environment variable to determine the wkhtmltopdf binary.

I'm not a fan that use PATH environment variable. So, I create this patch [1] for odoo 8 that add webkit_path option to odoo's configuration. To define path to wkhtmltopdf executable define webkit_path in configuration file .conf, like so.

webkit_path = C:\progra~1\wkhtmltopdf\bin\wkhtmltopdf.exe

[1] https://gist.github.com/bbn-bernard/b87b24d23006c29978f5

Ivan
On 10/5/14, 8:42 PM

Seriously: move to Linux.  On the side node, check from your command line whether wkhtmltopdf --help returns anything.  If not, you need to include the path to the executable in your PATH environment variable.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/5/14, 2:47 AM
Seen: 1187 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM