Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Daily reset of invoice number counter

By
Clemens John
on 5/20/15, 11:43 AM 1,223 views

Hi,

I use Odoo 8 and have the following (maybe unusual) invoice numbering schema: YEAR-MONTH-DAY.NUMBER.
In Odoo I configured it as: "%(year)s-%(month)s-%(day)s".

Everything works fine, but I want to reset the NUMBER part on each day and start with 1 again. I can do this manually every day but I think this is automatable with a cronjob or another feature. Someone of you has a solution for this?

Kind Regards
Clemens

Would you advise to reset the counter every year for all journals?

Open Alpha LLC
on 4/12/16, 5:09 PM

Prakash

--Prakash--
| 5 4 7
Bikaner, India
--Prakash--

OpenERP Devloper at SunARC Technology

Prakash
On 5/22/15, 2:11 AM

You can reset the Number automatically using Scheduled Actions.

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/resetting-sequencer-padding-every-day-54738 

Clemens John
On 8/17/15, 1:50 PM

Hi Prakash,

I just want to say thank you for your answer! My reply is a little late but I got this working and wrote down some details for other interested users here: https://wiki.nordwest.freifunk.net/Technik/Dokumentation/Odoo#Daily_reset_of_invoice_numbers 

Kind Regards

Clemens

You're Welcome. Nice Post !!!

Prakash
on 8/18/15, 8:33 AM

Could we use the same module, adapted to yearly reset the counter for all journals?

Open Alpha LLC
on 4/12/16, 5:11 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/20/15, 11:43 AM
Seen: 1223 times
Last updated: 4/11/16, 5:25 PM