Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Customization management

By
Arturo M
on 2/2/16, 8:50 AM 336 views

Hello all

I have done some customization in my odoo environment (some additional fields and modifications to the screens), how can I copy those to a new environment?

Thanks a lot

Have you made these in a separate module? If this is the case you can simply copy the module to your other environment. If you haven't it means you went in against all Odoo rules and modified the existing code, which is a real NO GO. If you did this you should follow a tutorial about how to create your own module. (for example: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/9.0/howtos/backend.html)

Yenthe
on 2/2/16, 8:59 AM

Hello

Thanks a lot for your fast response.

I created new fields in the modles (all x_ prefixed), and I am afraid that I modified the original views to include those fields.

I can start from scratch, so I will re-phrase my question:

1. How can I add new fields to models and copy the definition to a new DB?

2. I didn't write any py code, I only used the UI to make the changes to the View, how can I move those changes?

Thanks a lot for your help

Arturo M
on 2/2/16, 9:17 AM

I'm afraid that doing things from the front-end is quite a lot different then doing it from the back-end. You should walk through the tutorial (https://www.odoo.com/documentation/9.0/howtos/backend.html) to learn these concepts. The idea is to create your models and/or fields in Python and to modify views you will need to inherit them with XML and add your custom fields with xpath expressions. There is really no short answer to explain and learn you this so I'm afraid you'll need to do some hands on here!

Yenthe
on 2/2/16, 9:32 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/2/16, 8:50 AM
Seen: 336 times
Last updated: 2/2/16, 9:30 AM