Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Customers list import from CSV - How send Invitations mails?

on 1/3/15, 9:49 AM 1,074 views

I have more than 1,000 customers imported from a CSV file (including email addresses). I want each of them to send an invitation to use the portal. How to do it?

| 5 4 7
Lodz, Poland

On 1/7/15, 10:25 AM

I found solutions for my problem:

Step 1) Import Customers from CSV

Step 2) Export Customers to CSV, only fields: ID, email

Exported ID = patner_id/id in next step

Step 3) From exported CSV, create new like this:

where 13 is an ID of "base.group_portal" from database

Step 4 ) Import new CSV, model res.user

Important! Invitations will be sent by email while importing!

Khulan Batbayar
On 1/5/15, 10:16 PM

Mass Mail module is possible to send email based on many2many employee work email?

Thanks for your answer, but how create a user account as portal user for every customer?

on 1/7/15, 9:20 AM
Kazim Mirza
On 1/3/15, 7:12 PM

Hello Zbik

Its a very simple to send the invitation email to  customers with Marketing Module and Mass Mailing Modules in ODOO.

After installing both of them go to marketing module there you can find the Mass Mailing Menu . 

Create new mass mail annd select Recipents as Customer . After that you have to create a new template for invitation mail.

Hope that this answer will help you.

Please don't hesitate to ask any question regarding this.

Thank You

Hi Kazim, thanks for your answer, but invitation email should be sent to Customer with the Portal user account. In first step it is necessary to generate a user account with Portal rights, how?

on 1/4/15, 4:29 AM

You need to create user account for every customer you got . Because you cant create a user account as portal user for every customer.

Kazim Mirza
on 1/5/15, 4:24 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/3/15, 9:49 AM
Seen: 1074 times
Last updated: 3/31/15, 11:28 AM