This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi there

I backed up my database from a server to restore it locally, on exactly the same versions (7.0-20130903-231112). While the backup and restore process itself works without errors, I get the following "OpenERP Warning" when logging in for the first time:

"View error. Can't find field 'purchase_order_count' in the following view parts composing the view of object model 'res.partner': * res.partner.kanban.purchaseorder.inherit. Either you wrongly customized this view, or some modules bringing those views are not compatible with your current data model"

Clicking on the sales/customers I get the next "OpenERP Warning":

"View error. Can't find field 'purchase_order_count' in the following view parts composing the view of object model 'res.partner': * res.partner.kanban.purchaseorder.inherit. Either you wrongly customized this view, or some modules bringing those views are not compatible with your current data model"

The big problem is, that I cannot access my customers any more after the warning! Looking into the DB I stil see those customers in res_partner, so are restored.

Taking these warning comments serious, how can I find out what was customized and restore it in order to access my clients without warnings?

Cheers Daniel

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Daniel,

maybe I can help as sometimes, I have the same problem. Yesterday, it occured in the same case like in yours - after having imported a dumped database. I do not think that your customers disappeard, they can not simply be deplayed because of a view-related problem. Obviously, there is an inherited view structure of res.partner inside your database.

In my situation, this comes from my own inherited view structures for res.partner.tree. I do not know why this error occurs, but in my case, it is enough to comment the field mentioned in the error message, update my custom module, then uncomment it again and update my custom module once again.

Please let me know if you succeeded in doing like that.

Discard
Author

Thanks for the hint NSC. I have found the corresponding location in Settings -> Technical -> Data Structure -> Models -> res.partner -> Views. There is a View named "res.partner.kanban.purchaseorder.inherit". But there is no way to comment the corresponding XML structure. Do you mean comment it in the source code of the purchase module? I am working with the standard modules only. I guess in my case it might be the second option "... some modules bringing those views are not compatible with your current data model". How to correct the data model then?

Daniel, could it be, that you updated your OEP to a newer revision after having created this database dump you imported? Maybe, this imported database is still related to an older revision with obsolete view structures? Go to modules management in settings, do an "'Update Modules" and see what happens...