Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Customers backup

By
Alejandro Perez Cosio
on 4/28/15, 11:32 AM 538 views

Dear all,

I would like to backup all my customers from odoo but just customers (name, company, tags, phone, mobile, street, etc..).

I tried to use the export tool but I don't get the company field nor creation_date, etc.. 

I think I will use postgres from the command line to do this task table by table, but before I would like to ask if you don't know any tool better than export from odoo to do something like this..

Thank you and regards!

Michael Thomas
On 4/28/15, 6:56 PM

It is strange that you didn't get the company field. When I go and use the csv export I see all the fields, including company and "Created on". If there are any fields that you can't see, changing the export type to "import-compatible export" should fix your problem. Make sure that you are exporting from a view of the customers, and not some other view (ie. your in the products view).

You definitely shouldn't have to use PostgreSQL and do a bunch of joins to get your data. Try going to customers, selecting all and going to export again.

"Export all data" worked for me, there is also the parent which points the company.. Thank you Michael!

Alejandro Perez Cosio
on 4/29/15, 10:57 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/28/15, 11:32 AM
Seen: 538 times
Last updated: 4/29/15, 10:56 AM