Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

customer order number on invoice

By
M. Höppner
on 9/25/13, 2:53 PM 1,910 views

Hello,

I'm not quite sure about the whole process (I'm a newbee in OpenERP): I create and send an offer to my customer. We assume he accepts and sends an order with his order no 0815. Where (and in which step of the process) do I put this number in my system? And more important (wherever I put it) how can I have it printed at my invoice? I know that invoices are often rejected just because the order no. is missing.

Answers in German are also much appreciated - when it goes to details I barely understand in German, my English is not the best ... ;-)

Thanks

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 9/26/13, 5:26 AM

You should use the field Customer Reference in the SO. This field is also printed onto the PDF formular.

If you create the invoice this field is also passed and printed onto the invoice PDF formular.

Hello, that's what I thought too. Only the German translation "Buchungstext" does not fit for this field. Thanks Andreas.

M. Höppner
on 9/26/13, 8:45 AM
M. Höppner
On 9/25/13, 4:05 PM

a first hint I got here, however I'm unable to add a field with the right parameters:

loops Post subject: Re: Adding "Customer Reference" to Invoice - 5€ REWARD PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:52 pm Offline

I know this problem. We had it as well and it is now solved. It is a bit more tricky than playing around with the text field "origin" imho.

Our solution is for invoice from packings because this is what we do. We do not do invoice from SO. But it can be generalazied (see below).

This is what we did (and implemented by synkronized.be): Introduce a one2many field to packings on invoice. When invoice is generated, one packing or many packings (in case of grouped by partner is ticked) are entered in this field. In the report you can now cycle through the packings, from there get to the SO and from there get to the SO fields.

Here's the header info from one of my invoices:

Rechnungsdatum: 04.11.2011 Auftragsbestätigungen: SO874, SO891 Lieferungen: PACK4307 (22.09.2011), PACK4469 (13.10.2011) Zahlungskonditionen: 30 Tage netto ohne Abzug Ihre Aufträge: EB041860, EB042406 Auftragsdatum: 05.08.2011, 05.09.2011 Ihre Kontakte: Juan Garcia, Juan Garcia

Note the multiple customer references in "Ihre Aufträge". Nice, isn't it?

I'm surprised that not more users have this problem. Many of our customers reject invoices that do not have thier order references on them.

If you want to do something similar when generating invoices from SO then add a one2many field to SO on invoice and fill it during generation of the invoice.

To generalize, here's what I think we should aggree on in the openerp community: RULE: When an object has the need to give an "origin" (such as in MO, PO, Pack, invoice, ...) it is a bad idea to do that just with a text field. I know that the object type of the origin can be different, but the number of different object types is not infinite, typically it is 2 to 3. So just add a one2many field for each object type ("origin SO", "origin pack"). You can still have a text field "Origin" that summarized it if it makes you happy.

Hope it helps

Cheerio, loops

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/25/13, 2:53 PM
Seen: 1910 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM