Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Customer Invoices Created as Admin

By
Ampersand
on 7/20/13, 1:10 PM 1,975 views

Hi There, I was new to OpenERP and setup my company and made a load of invoices and sent them to clients however I did it all as the Admin user (something I've learned to be very bad since then).

A then setup other users and noone can see the invoices or any of the data which was entered as Admin. Can I change access rights of the various things I setup to be available to other users?

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 7/20/13, 1:34 PM

You must give access rights to other users (other than admin ) also. If you give Account Manager access rights to your user then that user can see records related to Account Module. Same thing goes for other modules like Sale, Purchase, Warehouse, etc.

Hope this will help you.

Hi Sudhir, how would I do this, I'm still having issue. When I login as admin I see all invoices etc, but then if i login as my user I see nothing (just create new) in my user settings I have checked everything and set highest access rights to all modules

Ampersand
on 10/14/13, 2:12 AM
Ampersand
On 10/28/13, 9:00 AM

This turned out to be simple: just make sure in the settings>users the "portal" permission is NOT set for the user you wish to see the accounts and that all accounting access rights are granted

This will work if the user is other than admin.

Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 10/28/13, 9:19 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/20/13, 1:10 PM
Seen: 1975 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM