This question has been flagged
2 Replies

In the customer list, all customers that are not linked to a company showing up in the list, but for these (contacts) who are linked to a company, they don't show up in the list. I have to remove the "customer" filter in order to show all customers. I believe it's because these who are linked to a company are actually contacts type. How can I include the contacts in the customer search?

Discard
Author Best Answer

I actually figured this out myself. To show ALL customers including the contacts which are linked to a company or other person, go to Debug->SearchView and change from this line

<filter string="Customers" name="customer" domain="[('customer','=',1), ('parent_id', '=', False)]"/>

to

<filter string="Customers" name="customer" domain="[('customer','=',1)]"/>

(just remove the ", ('parent_id', '=', False)" part)

This small change allows you to search for any name found in the customer list including the contacts.

Discard
Best Answer

Make sure the Is a Customer checkbox on the Sales & Purchases Tab of the Contact is checked:

You will have to open the Contact directly, not open it from within the Company it is attached to.  To do this clear the Customers filter and search for it by name.

Discard