Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Custom Report Questions

By
Jim Biergans
on 8/26/13, 5:49 PM 884 views

I read the documentation and am trying to understand this: "To define a new analysis of the system's data, you should install the module base_report_creator. You can do so by using the Reconfigure wizard and installing Advanced Reporting."

These may sound like stupid questions, but here goes:

1. Is the base_report_creator part of OpenOffice?
  2. Where is the "Reconfigure wizard"?

Thierry Godin

--Thierry Godin--
| 8 7 8
Collegien, France
--Thierry Godin--

Thierry Godin
On 8/26/13, 6:13 PM

Hello Jim,

• Go to Configuration -> Installed modules
  • click on "Installed" in the search form (upper right corner) to remove filter so you can see all modules
  • Type 'report' in search form to see only some modules
  • Then install base_report_designer
  • Once installed, a screen will propose you to download openerp_report_designer.zip this is the OO plugin
  • Install the plugin in OO and start to create your report.

Best regards

Thanks for the reply. That was actually the first thing I did. And the only thing that shows up is "Invoice Analysis per Company". When I view all modules in list view, there are only 6 modules listed as not installed, and base_report_designer is not one of them... thus my confusion as to where it is...

Jim Biergans
on 8/26/13, 7:04 PM

What is the version of OpenERP you use ?

Thierry Godin
on 8/26/13, 7:11 PM

sorry, version 7. thanks again

Jim Biergans
on 8/26/13, 7:42 PM

Have you tried to search for 'report' in search form ? You should see only modules that contain 'report' in their name

Thierry Godin
on 8/26/13, 8:05 PM

i did. got 95 apps with report in the name, but no base_report_designer

Jim Biergans
on 8/26/13, 8:18 PM

Oh, I see

You did not go to Installed Modules. You clicked on "Applications"

Please try again, go to Configuration -> Installed Modules

Thierry Godin
on 8/26/13, 8:22 PM

that was the first thing i did, and that only showed 6 uninstalled apps an no base_report_designer...and then i searched applications...i've searched everywhere and cannot find it.

Jim Biergans
on 8/26/13, 9:15 PM

if you using windows go to C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons and look for base_report_designer. If you found it, just update your module to be listed in modules. If not found you need to download it.

Nadeem Ahmed
on 8/27/13, 12:37 AM

i checked installed modules first, that was where i only had 6 not installed, and no report designer... i've looked everywhere, and can't find it...

Jim Biergans
on 8/27/13, 3:30 PM

Don't worry mate, 1) download from here, openerp.com/apps/base_report_designer ( add http://www. in front) 2) unzip and copy that folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons and refresh your openerp browser 3) search in modules 'openoffice report designer' 4)click install and its done for openerp. 5) and for openoffice plugin, go in /addons/base_report_designer/plugin/openerp_report_designer/ and read 'readme' for installing on openoffice. Hope it helps, TC

Nadeem Ahmed
on 8/29/13, 1:22 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/26/13, 5:49 PM
Seen: 884 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM