Odoo Help

Custom qweb report on multiple modules

By
Fongoh Tayong
on 1/12/16, 5:25 AM 1,498 views

Hi there. i want to create a qweb report that takes data from multiple models.

3 models are 

class Reservation(models.Model):
     _name = 'hotel.reservation'
     checkout_date = fields.Datetime()
     #other fields

class RoomServiuce(models.model):
   _name = 'hotel.room_service'
   name = fields.Char(string='service name')
  #other fields

class RoomServiceUsed(models.Model)
    _name = 'hotel.use_room_services'
   res_id = fields.Many2one('hotel.reservation')
   rs_id = fields.Many2one('hotel.room_services')

Now, i want to be able to display all the room services used ( from room_service model and reservation model) on my custom qweb report.

I don't know if am getting it all wrong. Will appreciate your response and your approach.

Thanks

Akhil P Sivan
On 1/12/16, 7:48 AM

You need to create a python parser for your report file. Define  functions on the python file, that brings you the required data from the 3 models. Call that function in the report qweb xml file.

For example, you may refer the qweb report of product pricelist in product addon.

Goto product >> views >> report_pricelist.xml file and check the function get_pricelist(data['form']['price_list'])
The function is defined in a report parser file for that report which you can found in product >> report >> product_pricelist.py

By checking that python parser file, you may see how the qweb template linked to the parser.

Hope it may help you.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/12/16, 5:25 AM
Seen: 1498 times
Last updated: 1/12/16, 7:48 AM