This question has been flagged
1 Reply

When doing a customer payment (Accounting -> Bank -> Customer Payment) is it possible to specify a specific destination account? 

At the moment if I create a new payout to customer A my journal entry is:

Debit: Account Receivable 100 USD

Credit: Bank 100 USD 

I would like to payout money that is already owned by the customer (we are only an agent receiving the money and giving it to the customer). 

Therefore I need to specify a custom account (transit account)

Discard
Best Answer

Hi ,  if you want a transit location in between you can set a clearing account for that .

you can set those clearing accounts in the journal level of the bank and name them outstanding receipts and outstanding payments.

To do so first you need to go to accounting app>>configuration>>charts of accounts >>create 

specify the code then name the account as outstanding receipt and select current asset as account type

similarly create an account name outstanding payment and make it as current asset type.

make sure both the codes are different and unique.

Now go to configation>> journal >> bank >> edit 

under the payment configuration tab 

select the outstanding receipt account  for the Outstanding Receipts Account 
select the outstanding payment account for the Outstanding Payments  Account
And save it 

Now once you will register payment through invoice it will go into outstanding payments and the invoice will be marked as in payment instead of paid .

when you will go to dashboard >> bank journal

it will show all the invoices under outstanding payments. Once you will reconcile them only will appear as paid.

Srijita Banerjee

Jr. Odoo Consultant

Tel: +353 1 886 5684 (IE) +44 121 285 5684 (UK)  +91 964 381 7554 (IN)

Target Integration | CRM ERP Cloud

Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram

Discard