Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Custom Module Using Sale Order

By
Norbert J
on 6/6/14, 7:27 PM 971 views

Hello,

I am having some trouble understanding how to go about creating a module that extends another.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

I want to create a module that will be a specific type of order. For example, I have a client that does repairing/refurbishing/repairing/unlocking electronic devices. Each of those requests requires different information from the customer (Dropp off date, Pick up date, IMEI...). I am thinking of creating a custom module for each of those services, each with their own required fields, so that they can be kept separate. I want these to be tied to an invoice, if that makes sense. I have the base of what I am going to be storing in the database for each but I would like some help as to how to make a separate module for these, not just extending the original Sale Order. Do I have to create a relationship (one to one) for one of these orders to an order in the invoice database? I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around this.

I would really appreciate some help as to whether I am going in the right direction and any tips to help me out.

Thank you.

Tyrone Miles
On 6/21/14, 9:23 AM

With this suggestion, do you have any instrcution on how to accomplish this?

Thanks

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 6/12/14, 5:19 AM

I would suggest you have one module.

You add a field to the sale order object called order_type. You also add whatever fields you additonally want to store as extra information (eg drop off date)

Then inherit the sale order form (xml). Add the order_type field, then display the extra feilds depending on the value entered and I would then populate a different sakes journal for each order type.

After that you can be standard - the sales type will enable you to create unique invoice sequences plus you do do analysis based on the journal.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/6/14, 7:27 PM
Seen: 971 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM