This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I am having some trouble understanding how to go about creating a module that extends another.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

I want to create a module that will be a specific type of order. For example, I have a client that does repairing/refurbishing/repairing/unlocking electronic devices. Each of those requests requires different information from the customer (Dropp off date, Pick up date, IMEI...). I am thinking of creating a custom module for each of those services, each with their own required fields, so that they can be kept separate. I want these to be tied to an invoice, if that makes sense. I have the base of what I am going to be storing in the database for each but I would like some help as to how to make a separate module for these, not just extending the original Sale Order. Do I have to create a relationship (one to one) for one of these orders to an order in the invoice database? I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around this.

I would really appreciate some help as to whether I am going in the right direction and any tips to help me out.

Thank you.

Discard
Best Answer

I would suggest you have one module.

You add a field to the sale order object called order_type. You also add whatever fields you additonally want to store as extra information (eg drop off date)

Then inherit the sale order form (xml). Add the order_type field, then display the extra feilds depending on the value entered and I would then populate a different sakes journal for each order type.

After that you can be standard - the sales type will enable you to create unique invoice sequences plus you do do analysis based on the journal.

Discard
Best Answer

With this suggestion, do you have any instrcution on how to accomplish this?

Thanks

Discard