Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Custom module for addition fields - Invalid XML for View Architecture

By
birduser
on 4/14/14, 12:14 PM 1,029 views

Hey Guys,

Im trying to make a custom module which produces me some additional Fields.

When i'm creating new fields like this:

_columns = {
        'title' : fields.integer('Titel', size=30),
        'textual_field' : fields.text('Notes'),
    }

and in XML like this:

<field name="title" />
<field name="textual_field" />

everything is working, but when I want to use a different names like 'blabla' instead of 'textual_field' I'm getting error: Invalid XML for View Architecture. So what am I doing wrong, and why is 'textual_field' working as field name and 'blabla' or something else not?

Have you made the change in the two files (.py and .xml)?

Med Said BARA
on 4/14/14, 12:36 PM

Also, have you restart the server to recompile the .py files? I think it is possible, that, as you change name in .xml file, but not restart yet. The change in XML file will try to take place, while the column is not updated (as .pyc still the old one)

Ecosoft Co. LTD, Kitti Upariphutthiphong
on 4/14/14, 12:39 PM
birduser
On 4/14/14, 7:09 PM

Restart the Server, as simple as it sounds. Worked for me, didn't knew that, thanks!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/14/14, 12:14 PM
Seen: 1029 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM