Odoo Help

Custom module does not update well

By
Aurelien
on 5/5/15, 5:07 AM 661 views

I am using odoo now since 7 or 8 months, i did built a quite big custom module based on the CRM module of odoo for the need of a customer. And here is the problem:
- i update a field in my python file .py, for example.

class cdn_courses(osv.Model):
   _name = 'cdn.courses'
   _order = 'id asc'
   def get_total_quantity_intakes(self, cr, uid, ids, field, args, context=None):
        res = {}
        for lead in self.browse(cr, uid, ids, context=context):
              res[lead.id] = 0
              for x in lead.intake_ids:
                    res[lead.id] = res[lead.id] + 1 
        return res
  _columns = {
       'id': fields.integer('ID', readonly=True),
       'department' : fields.many2one('cdn.course_department', 'Course Department', required=True, select=True, help='The course department of this course'),
        'level' : fields.many2one('cdn.course_level', 'Course Level', required=True, select=True, help='The course level of this course'),
        'mode' : fields.many2one('cdn.course_mode','Course Mode', required=True, help='The course mode of this course'),
        'name':fields.char('name', size=64 ,required=True, help='The name of the course', translate=True),
        'description' : fields.text('description', size=512, required=True, help='The description associate to this course', translate=True),
        'updator_uid' : fields.float('Updator UID',required=False, help='The UID of the last updator'),
        'intake_ids': fields.one2many('cdn.intakes', 'course_id', 'Intakes'),
         #here is the update (i make this field translatable)
        'website_link' : fields.char('Website link', help='The link to the description of this course on the website.', translate=True),
        'portfolio_required' : fields.boolean('Portfolio required', required=False, help='To check if the portfolio is required for this course.'),
        'total_quantity_intakes': fields.function(get_total_quantity_intakes, type='float', method = True, string='Total Quantity of intakes for that course', readonly = True),
   }
  _sql_constraints = [
      ('uniq_name', 'unique(name)', "A Course with this name or id alread exist, please try again and change the name. If the error persist, please contact the administrator!"),
   ]

-> Here is my related view for the form:

<record model="ir.ui.view" id="cdn_courses_form">
     <field name="name">CDN - Courses form</field>
     <field name="model">cdn.courses</field>
     <field name="arch" type="xml">
         <form string="courses" version="7.0">
             <group col="4">
                 <field name="id" string="ID" readonly='True'/>
                 <newline />
                 <field name="name" placeholder='Course Name' string='Course Name' />
                 <newline/>
                 <field name="description" placeholder='Course Description' string='Course Description' />
                 <newline />
                 <field name="website_link" required='True' placeholder='Course URL' string='Course URL' />
                 <newline/>
                 <field name="level" required='True' placeholder="Course Level" string="Course Level" />
                 <newline/>
                 <field name="mode" required='True' placeholder="Course Mode" string="Course Mode"/>
                 <newline/>
                 <field name="department" required='True' placeholder="Course Department" string="Course Department" />
                 <newline />
                 <field name="portfolio_required" placeholder="Portfolio required?" string="Portfolio required?" />
                 <newline />
                 <field name="total_quantity_intakes" string="Number Of Actual Planned Out Intakes This Year" readonly='True'/>
             </group>
         </form>
     </field>
 </record>

- i deploy my module on my production environment
- i restart odoo
- i upgrade my module
And surprise:
The field website_link is not translatable! I double checked and if i make some changes on production such as change a string name on the view; this is working (meaning my file odoo.conf /etc/odoo/openerp-server.conf  is pointing on the good addons files).This is just an example among several, that's only happened in the .py files.
I tried several options such as (https://coderwall.com/p/4zvxiw/how-to-clear-view-cache-in-openerp-7-0) thinking that this might be due to a cache issue but nothing change.

Is someone have any idea on what can be the cause of that?
Many thanks.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/5/15, 5:07 AM
Seen: 661 times
Last updated: 5/5/15, 5:13 AM