Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Custom module - Access error [Closed]

By
Dr Obx
on 4/15/15, 6:57 AM 744 views

The Question has been closed for reason: not relevant or out dated

by
Dr Obx
on 04/16/2015 17:17:41

Guys, I created my own module - not first but this one create few new models and classes and works fine for Admin and won't for any standard user.

Both this models can be changed, add new elements but only if Admin doing it.

Standard user getting this error:

"AccessError

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this document. Please contact your system administrator if you think this is an error.

(Document model: product.brand)"

"AccessError

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this document. Please contact your system administrator if you think this is an error.

(Document model: product.casesize)"

Whatever model i want use it won't let me. How can i change access rights for newly created models ?

I just realized that i need ir.model.access.csv with settings ;) so problem solved.

I couldn't find in "Settings" a place where to set this up. So I checked other modules and found where the problem lies.

Already set rights for each model I've made and it works perfectly now.

Alby Antony
On 4/15/15, 7:15 AM

under settings->users->groups

you can see all the groups you have created and you can set the accessrights by selecting a user group from there and edit it

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/15/15, 6:57 AM
Seen: 744 times
Last updated: 4/16/15, 5:17 PM