Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Custom field in Information-tab of product form (V8)

on 7/29/14, 7:53 AM 949 views

A followup question to my previous one, because of the forum rules (Only one answer per question allowed )

Found how to add a custom field to sale.order.from  as per ebook "Working with OpenERP".  That was easy! But now I want to do the same with the product form, but no success.

When I edit product.template.product.form I see this XML:

<view view_id = 352>
<page string='Variants'>
<button name='172'>
<button name='174'>
<field name='product_variant_count'>
<field name='attribute_line_ids'>
<tree string='Variants'>
<field name='attribute_id'>
<field name='value_ids'>

which I assume is the 'Variants' tab of the product form?

Note that this happens in developer mode when navigating to Sales > Products > Products (Select form view) and then from de developer selectbox Manage Views > (Select product.template.product.form) > Edit. Selecting another view eg. product.template.common.form produces the same result.

I'd like to add a field to the Information-tab,  how can I do this?

@Harmstra - to which model did you added your customer field 1) product.template or 2) product.product. If possible post the "py" code and "xml" code.

Hiren Vora - CEO at Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd. India
on 7/29/14, 8:25 AM

I didn't add it, because I cannot find there right view, see my question

on 7/29/14, 10:17 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 7/29/14, 7:53 AM
Seen: 949 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM