Odoo Help

custom code, group evaluation does not work as expected

By
TS
on 2/15/17, 3:44 PM 300 views

hello,

thanks to help of one of colleagues from here, I was able to create custom module to restrict read-write access to project manaher group, and read-only for projeect user. unfortunately, implementing this module causes that mentioned field becomes read-only but for both groups.

important line of code looks like below:

<field name="groups_id" eval="[(6, 0, [ref('project.group_project_manager') ])]" />

and i believe it is not evaluated properly, meaning even if user opening form belong to group group_project_manager, odoo does not recognizes that.

Advice please:

1) is above line improper? if so, what it should look like to work?

2) or maybe group name depends on language version of odoo? I doubt, but to be clear I am using PL locale/names

additiona question - having a look at view code I hoped it is something like good old html - but in html all tags were defined/described, while here I am not sure how it works. in case of code as below:

===

<record id="view_task_form2_inherit_full" model="ir.ui.view">

<field name="name">view.task.form2.inherit.full</field>

<field name="model_id">project.task</field>

<field name="inherit_id" ref="project.view_task_form2" />

<field name="groups" eval="[(4, ref('project.group_project_manager'))]" />

<field name="arch" type="xml">

<field name="planned_hours" position="attributes">

<attribute name="readonly">0</attribute>

</field>

</field>

</record>

===

from where come all values marked bold? is there any dictionary from where above may be taken / used?

regards

Tomasz

TS
On 2/17/17, 8:32 AM

..so finally I was able to manage desired results; it was in fact 2-steps activity:

1) change field attribute in form (edit form view) tomek field read only

2) create own module where readonly attribute set above was changed to read-write for project managers

above was due to fact, that based on default settings in form (read-write for all) it seemed to be possible change this parameter to read-only, but for project manager, not project user, as project manager includes project user role in it.

what is worrying me now is changed form view; if I've changed it, should I be affraid that some odoo updates may change field parameter I set (point '1' above) to readonly to readwrite again? or odoo updates would not change it back?

regards

Tomasz

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/15/17, 3:44 PM
Seen: 300 times
Last updated: 2/17/17, 8:32 AM