Currency Pricing Question: I buy in USD and get a discount. I sell the product in EURO based on day-to-day exchange rates.
How to setup pricing to create a single EURO, USD and GPB pricelist with all products in it when selling to customers in the EU, UK and USA?
Somehow I am missing the currency linked to the odoo product, suppliers and customers in the database.
Currently I only see a number but it does not tell if it is in Euro, USD or Yen.
Therefore I cannot calculate what my end-user pricing needs to be.
I am missing a base price and the base currency for my virtual/on-line products.
example: currency on monday 1.28 and tuesday it is 1.32 (EURO / DOLLAR)
I buy products in the USA. I pay these in USD. (let's say they cost USD 1000 retail price, I pay 10% less)= USD 900 and I pay by credit card. The creditcard does the conversion for me from EURO into USD. So I pay EURO 703,13 for this product.
- The product is then sold in Europe and I convert the price into EURO: (1000 / 1.28..) using day-to-day exchange rate. So It costs EUR 781.25 on monday.
- Tuesday I check the exchange rates and all sales prices change instantly for that day.
- The same product now costs differently and the same product costs EUR 757,57. I will continue to pay my USD 900 from my EURO credit card account (again, the bank converts for me)
It is mainly dependant on the supplier. a US Supplier will always charge products in USD, an European supplier will charge in EURO. for most countries I do not have to include VAT. Only for a dutch company I need to indlude the Dutch 21% VAT / TAXES.
Product B is bought in EURO, as it something from Europe. e.g. external support for EUR 50 / hr.
- Product A costs USD 900, public selling price in EURO is 781.25 based on the current exchange rate. The customer gets quotes like this and eventually pays 781.25
- The next day another customer also buys installation of 2 hours so he will pay the the different EURO pricing and 2x50 EURO for the support making the total EURO 857,75.
How can I handle this smoothly in Odoo?
1) the currency thing and (less important but still helpfull)
2) the VAT
How do my customers want me to react:
My customer defines the currency (that can vary for the same customer). So I select this time the customer pays in USD. So the european customer gets a quote and invoice in USD. Another time this customer likes an invoice in EURO more.
So the first time he receives one invoive on monday for USD 1000 and tuesday for USD 1100
Another time he would receive EUR 781.51 and EUR 857,75 on his invoice.
What happens now in odoo:
If I switch curreny the product costs 1000 something. This something is the selected currency. So 1000 EURO, 1000 USD, 1000 Yen etc. That's not what I need. My customers can calculate and are only willing to pay the the actual (converted) price.
My purchasing price is a fixed percentage of the public retail price in the currency it is defined in (That's a rather normal situation I would say). I want to calculate my end-user price against the publically know end-user price in the United States.
Yes, I have found persons who made some customizations. I am currently testing it and it seems to do what I described here. It is available in the backend and on the website. On the website the customer can choose the currency. On the backend additional entries to the article line, the invoicing contact info has been adjusted and the automated currency updates have been implemented for V8 odoo
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 7/8/14, 10:06 AM|
|Seen: 1749 times|
|Last updated: 7/22/15, 4:23 AM|