Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Credit Notes (Refunds)

By
jheszica
on 3/24/13, 11:50 PM 2,111 views

Hi!

Can you guys help me with my concern? This is how it goes, I tried to make a record for a Customer Refund, and this is my procedure, I created a new record in Accounting > Customers > Customer Refunds after the system created a draft refund, I now validate the record. And the confusion starts here, When I tried to pay the customer refund, I got a negative amount to pay. is this correct?

image description

So, I proceed and Pay the Customers Refund, Now, my question is, why when I looked at the Journal Entries, the system posting two Journal Items,one is posted, and the other one is still unposted? should I need to post the Item? and what item is for what transaction? thank you very much for the helps, hoping that I explained my question clearly :)

image description

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)

--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 1 4
Ahmedabad, India
--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--

- Around 7+ years of strong experience in Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) which is world's largest Open Source Business Applications driven by CEO Fabien Pinckaers. - Played key role in developing and maintaining various Odoo Product modules and integrating them on Open Source ERP Environment. - Experience on Scrum methodology for project management - Experience in Team Building - Quick Start Implementations. - Worked on almost all versions (4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, SAAS, Trunk(8.0)...) of Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) . Specialities: Odoo Business Process And OpenERP Implementation. Odoo Application Support and Maintenance. Odoo Technical & Functional Training. Business Process Mapping & Gap Analysis (Functional and Technical Analysis)

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
On 3/26/13, 4:26 AM

Yes negative amount is correct.. Do not worry..

If you look carefully both the journal items you can see two different journal on it "Sale refund.." and "Bank.. " so both the journal items are related with your customer refund .. When you validate your customer refund "Sales refund" journal is created and when you pay to your customer using Bank journal "Bank" journal is created..

In OpenERP Sales/Purchase journal are automatically posted but for bank and cash your accountant has to verify the entries and then post it.. so that is also correct..

Regards, Mustufa Rangwala

Is there a way to prevent OpenERP from generating that Bank entry? Refunds in my shop are used as credits and will never be processed as a transfer between customer and shop so that entry is just bloat and incorrect on my books.

Test User
on 4/3/14, 7:31 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/24/13, 11:50 PM
Seen: 2111 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM