Odoo Help

3 Answers
Raphael Valyi Brazil
4/2/13, 3:00 AM

Hello,

the issue is larger than just for suppliers and it has been largely debated ultimately and OpenERP SA even started to admit there is an issue. See bug and discussion here:

(put http:// in front) bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1160365

I also started to code a monkey-patch module that brings a new contact_id field on every OpenERP business documents so that you can use it for arbitrary contact while an on_change properly sets the regular partner_id field, ensuring that only the related commercial entity goes here (that is the related company or physical person). Hence, invoices will be using companies, not the contact which BTW kills reporting. Here is the announce of the beta version of this module:

(put http:// in front) bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1160365/comments/27

In any case, yes, there is sadly a bad issue about this in OpenERP v7 and the scariest is the way they plan to "fix" it as it's debated in the bug tracker.

Hope this helps.

Tom Arnst Finland
2/18/13, 4:07 AM

I came across the same thing, this is clearly a bug, so please report it as such.

2 Comments
Yaroslav Spain
2/18/13, 4:36 AM

And this should a comment not an answer.

Tom Arnst Finland
2/18/13, 4:49 AM

Hi .. no the question is "Would appreciate if someone is able to help perhaps suggest if i should report this as a bug" !

Ashley Marc Singapore
4/17/13, 2:32 AM

Bug #1128656

** Changed in: openobject-addons

Importance: Undecided => Low

** Changed in: openobject-addons Status: New => Confirmed

** Changed in: openobject-addons Assignee: (unassigned) => OpenERP R&D Addons Team 1 (openerp-dev-addons1)

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
3 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now