Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Creating multiple finished products from one Manufacturing Order

By
Mark
on 1/14/16, 10:51 AM 1,068 views

Hi everyone,

We make cameras, and i i currently have the following product situation;

Product: Camera 1

For which we have 2 versions stored in Odoo:

Product 1: Camera 1 with flash,

Product 2: Camera 1 without Flash,

In terms of parts, they have different BOM's, but share the same parts except for Sub-Product 2, which has a different housing and a (bought-in) flash assembly.

We usually make these to order, and we sell exclusively to wholesalers. This means we usually get an order that looks like this:

Product 1 - 10 Units

Product 2 - 7 Units

My question is, would it be possible to modify the standard Manufacturing Order form in order to create 1 MO that contains both of the above products? currently i would have to create a new MO for each product.

Thank you very much for your help,

Andrei Boyanov
On 5/3/16, 3:44 AM

Hi @Mark,

Have you tried the mrp_byproduct module? I didn't but it seems to be created exactly for situations like yours.

Regards,

Andrei

Mark
On 1/14/16, 11:42 AM

Hi Maurice, thanks for your answer. I receive these orders on a daily basis, and they vary, so one day i may get 10 x ''Product 1'' + 7 x ''Product 2', but the next day i might get 3 x ''Product 1'' + 4 x ''Product 2'. So would I then need to create a new product for every time i get a varying order? I am a newbie to the manufacturing module so I'm not sure

Thanks again,

If you receive orders every day it is important not to make production orders based on those needs. It is necessary to launch 10 products (or 25) of each and work with minimum stock that automatically triggers a new production order when the minimum threshold is reached. See the chapter on the rules

Maurice Agée
on 1/14/16, 12:04 PM
Maurice Agée
On 1/14/16, 11:23 AM

Create a new product  ''Product 0 ''

The BOM of this new product =  10 x ''Product 1''  +  7 x ''Product 2'

It is a solution that has nothing specific with Odoo :  It is only common sense management.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/14/16, 10:51 AM
Seen: 1068 times
Last updated: 7/20/16, 7:31 AM