Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Creating e-Mail templates in OpenERP v7

By
Arun Balasundaram
on 3/19/13, 4:13 AM 6,898 views

Hello,

Could someone please tell me how to create e-Mail templates in OpenERP and use this template to compose a message. It would be nice to have an example.

Thank you

IBS

--IBS--
| 4 5 8
Tétouan, Morocco
--IBS--

For more informations about IBS, please visit our website at www.ibs-na.com.

For a specific questions, collaboration or help, please send us an email to support@ibs-na.com

IBS
On 3/19/13, 7:10 AM

Email Template

1. Click on the Mail icon in the top right corner of the system.
  2. Write the name of the template in the Subject input box.
  3. Write your template in the mail composer text area.
  4. Click on "Save as new template", you can find this link in the bottom right corner of the mail composer window.

Email Template

View/Edit All Email Models & Templates

Go to Configuration->Technical->Email->Models

You will find existing email models there ( Payment follow ups, Invoice, Sale Order, etc. ) and you can edit them as you see fit.

Hello Karim,

Thank you for the details. I have tried your suggestion earlier and it works perfectly. I would like to create templates for dynamic contents like payment follow-ups, letters etc.,

Do you have any idea about it?

ABC Corp, Arun Balasundaram
on 3/19/13, 8:00 AM

Ah yes, you can do that, I edited my answer, check the last part.

IBS
on 3/19/13, 8:47 AM

If the solutions worked for you, please don't forget to mark the answer as correct :)

IBS
on 3/25/13, 3:24 PM

Hi, i have created the mail template as you specified how to call this in from python based on condition

Maniganda
on 6/26/13, 10:24 AM

How to set created Template as Default ?

assd
on 7/16/13, 12:22 PM

I'm aswering myself: using developer mode and set default for template field or in tecnical settings > User defaults

assd
on 7/16/13, 4:14 PM

How can i add any logo in my template?? which is the file to be altered to use my saved template??

Amit Patel
on 10/10/13, 12:32 PM

Since the templates are written in HTML, you can put any picture you like there, you can embed a base64 encoded image there.

IBS
on 10/10/13, 12:35 PM

Thank you IBS

Amit Patel
on 11/25/13, 2:13 PM
Arun Balasundaram
On 3/19/13, 8:00 AM

Hello Karim,

Thank you for the details. I have tried your suggestion earlier and it works perfectly. I would like to create templates for dynamic contents like payment follow-ups, letters etc.,

Do you have any idea about it?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/19/13, 4:13 AM
Seen: 6898 times
Last updated: 6/3/16, 11:41 AM