Help

Creating e-Mail templates in OpenERP v7

Hello,

Could someone please tell me how to create e-Mail templates in OpenERP and use this template to compose a message. It would be nice to have an example.

Thank you

Discard
2 Answers
IBS Group
Best Answer

Email Template

1. Click on the Mail icon in the top right corner of the system.
  2. Write the name of the template in the Subject input box.
  3. Write your template in the mail composer text area.
  4. Click on "Save as new template", you can find this link in the bottom right corner of the mail composer window.

Email Template

View/Edit All Email Models & Templates

Go to Configuration->Technical->Email->Models

You will find existing email models there ( Payment follow ups, Invoice, Sale Order, etc. ) and you can edit them as you see fit.

9 Comments
Discard
Arun Balasundaram
-

Hello Karim,

Thank you for the details. I have tried your suggestion earlier and it works perfectly. I would like to create templates for dynamic contents like payment follow-ups, letters etc.,

Do you have any idea about it?

IBS Group
-

Ah yes, you can do that, I edited my answer, check the last part.

IBS Group
-

If the solutions worked for you, please don't forget to mark the answer as correct :)

Maniganda
-

Hi, i have created the mail template as you specified how to call this in from python based on condition

assd
-

How to set created Template as Default ?

assd
-

I'm aswering myself: using developer mode and set default for template field or in tecnical settings > User defaults

Amit Patel
-

How can i add any logo in my template?? which is the file to be altered to use my saved template??

IBS Group
-

Since the templates are written in HTML, you can put any picture you like there, you can embed a base64 encoded image there.

Amit Patel
-

Thank you IBS

Best Answer

Hello Karim,

Thank you for the details. I have tried your suggestion earlier and it works perfectly. I would like to create templates for dynamic contents like payment follow-ups, letters etc.,

Do you have any idea about it?

Discard