Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Creating Daily Project Status Emails

By
Adam Fisher
on 2/12/15, 11:05 AM 1,124 views

Can someone point me in the right direction in creating daily project status emails.  I would like to have an email sent to each person involved in a project with their tasks, deadlines, etc.  Sort of a daily reminder of work that needs to be done, etc.   I've done a lot of searches but still can't quite find the information I need.  Is there anything out there that can do this for me?

Adam

Jordan Vrtanoski
On 2/12/15, 1:32 PM

To do this you need to create a cron job on the odoo server to generate (and send) emails to your team mebers. The content of the email is determined by an email template. In your case, I suggest createing template for the "task" model. I have shared a code segment that can be used to create the email in the following question thread https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/automatically-send-email-when-i-submited-a-form-76030.

Same thread contains tips how to create the server actions.

Tobias Frankl
On 2/13/15, 2:36 PM

to have data from two models as data source for your email you could build a postgres view. See my latest question. It worked for me as basis for a graph view

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/graph-view-with-data-from-multiple-tables-example-how-to-solved-75729
Adam Fisher
On 2/13/15, 10:29 AM

Thank you for your response.  It definitely got me moving in the right direction.  One thing I have been having problems with is find good tutorials/docuemnts on building these custom emails.  Since I need to pull information from both projects and the tasks underneath the projects I'm not quite sure how to get the information from two seperate objects.

Does anyone have a link to some good tutorials regarding the customization/creation of email templates?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/12/15, 11:05 AM
Seen: 1124 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM