Odoo Help

Creating daily financial reports in Odoo POS v9

By
Gregor Rosenauer
on 4/12/16, 4:23 PM 440 views

I have a POSboxless Odoo v9 / Debian setup and my friend is happily using the custom-built POS (NUC+Odoo v9+POSbox plugin, barcode printer and scanner), but we are struggling a bit with the daily financial reports.

I found several ways to create financial reports but none of them really suited our simple needs - I'd be grateful for any pointers in the right direction - the report should contain:

• either a summary that just holds the number of customers and a grand total of the sales of a given day (with taxes extra)

• a list of all sales on a given day - not every single transaction, but a sum per total order, e.g. order 1 (customer bought A, B), order 2 (products C,D,E),... per line, only order totals are printed

• the report should ideally be printed when I do the daily closing

I couldn't find an easy way to satisfy points 1 or 2 and 3, am I missing something or do I really have to create a custom report? Can this be triggered automatically with a daily closing?

Gregor Rosenauer
On 9/6/16, 11:40 AM

The problem is also that there are no predefined search filters for "today" or "current/last month", and they are not that easy to add (adapting the XML configuration of some views with a very specific ID in the database)...

@robin.scott please vote up the question by using the arrows if you want to +1 it:)

+1 for this one. Ideally from a PosBOX out of the printer for the POS in question. Will help with daily cash totaling!

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/12/16, 4:23 PM
Seen: 440 times
Last updated: 9/6/16, 11:40 AM