Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Creating a user that can create user accounts

v7
By
Yves Geoffroy
on 2/24/13, 1:55 PM 1,658 views

Is there an ease way to create a user account that can create user accounts without having access to all the technical features for security purposes.

Or do I need to create a new group with specific access rights?

Such a functionnality would be a powerful gate to spread out elements of knowledge within an organisation or to share actions. Specially in large ones where it is often difficult to identify the appropriate follower (for a project, or a marketing action, even for a sub-process in a remote location. One responsible would be able to delegate to the right person. Even outside the company (clients, suppliers, sub-contractors etc) to people who need to collaborate.

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 2/24/13, 7:54 PM
Juhász Krisztián
On 2/24/13, 7:37 PM

If there is no access right given to any of the groups, then only the ID1 user (administrator) "has" the right only.

You have to create in the Administration/Settings group (or make a new group) a New Access right with the right object -that part I don't know - and access.

I guess it is a bug, and accidently was coursed this problem, because earlier (in V 7.0) this user creating was working with Administrator/Settings group.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/24/13, 1:55 PM
Seen: 1658 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM