Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Create "Umar"

By
aci aisha
on 1/21/15, 12:55 AM 373 views

Hi friends,

I want to create a new customer "Umar".

If i create it from a many2one(dropdown menu) can i add a phone number to him(to res_partner) at the same time i click on Create "Umar"..

Thankzz

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 1/21/15, 1:29 AM

AFAIK it is not designed like that.  You can click on Create "Umar" and after the Customer created, you can click on the box + arrow icon at the left of the field to enter more information.

Spoke too soon. Apparently there are ways to pop up the edit form when you click the "Create Umar" or "Create and Edit...". The idea is to make the name_create method fail. Specifically for res.partner, there is one context that will always fail the name_create, i.e. force_email. If you add {'force_email': 1} into the Customer fields' context, it will pop up the creation form and you can add additional details directly.

Ivan
on 1/21/15, 2:08 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/21/15, 12:55 AM
Seen: 373 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM