i'd simply like to know how to create a project (conditionally) on a sales order. (NOT a TASK!!)
I've experimented by adding a 'Server Action' to the sale.order.basic workflow, but it doesn't do anything eventually. I can't find any good reference on how to do it. I know I need a to create a 'Create Object' action, and add it to the workflow. It sounds very simple, but to me, it certainly isn't.
Could somebody give me a push in the right direction on how to configure this?
That is a standard feature: you need to use Contract Management. Projects are Contracts with Tasks:
- I assume you have the Sales Management module installed.
- Activate Contract Management at Configuration Â» Sales.
- In the Sales order, now there is a "Contract / Analytic" filed: create a new Contract through it.
- In the Contract form, make sure to check the "Tasks" checkbox.
- Now you can close your Sales Order, if you want to
Now, if you go to "Projects", you will see the new Project there.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 7/11/13, 7:06 AM|
|Seen: 7508 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|