Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

create project on sales order

By
remi mores
on 7/11/13, 7:06 AM 8,148 views

hi,

i'd simply like to know how to create a project (conditionally) on a sales order. (NOT a TASK!!)

I've experimented by adding a 'Server Action' to the sale.order.basic workflow, but it doesn't do anything eventually. I can't find any good reference on how to do it. I know I need a to create a 'Create Object' action, and add it to the workflow. It sounds very simple, but to me, it certainly isn't.

Could somebody give me a push in the right direction on how to configure this?

thanks

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 7/11/13, 7:46 AM

That is a standard feature: you need to use Contract Management. Projects are Contracts with Tasks:

• I assume you have the Sales Management module installed.
  • Activate Contract Management at Configuration » Sales.
  • In the Sales order, now there is a "Contract / Analytic" filed: create a new Contract through it.
  • In the Contract form, make sure to check the "Tasks" checkbox.
  • Now you can close your Sales Order, if you want to

image description

Now, if you go to "Projects", you will see the new Project there.

I don't know why but I have to update Sales Apps (settings / Installed Modules /Sales / update) in order to see Analytic Account field in quotation/sales order. ?!?

assd
on 9/11/13, 1:36 PM

How I can get project name in my custom HR module HR manager can Decide each employ in different project (from (analytic.analytic) to hr field ) please help me .OpenErp 7

prakash
on 11/18/13, 8:29 AM

If the contract/analytic combobox don't appear on sale after Contract Management activation, don't forget to check "Analytic account on sale" on employee "Technical settings".

psyray
on 12/12/13, 12:39 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/11/13, 7:06 AM
Seen: 8148 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM