Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
i'd simply like to know how to create a project (conditionally) on a sales order. (NOT a TASK!!)
I've experimented by adding a 'Server Action' to the sale.order.basic workflow, but it doesn't do anything eventually. I can't find any good reference on how to do it. I know I need a to create a 'Create Object' action, and add it to the workflow. It sounds very simple, but to me, it certainly isn't.
Could somebody give me a push in the right direction on how to configure this?
That is a standard feature: you need to use Contract Management. Projects are Contracts with Tasks:
- I assume you have the Sales Management module installed.
- Activate Contract Management at Configuration Â» Sales.
- In the Sales order, now there is a "Contract / Analytic" filed: create a new Contract through it.
- In the Contract form, make sure to check the "Tasks" checkbox.
- Now you can close your Sales Order, if you want to
Now, if you go to "Projects", you will see the new Project there.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 7/11/13, 7:06 AM|
|Seen: 9216 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|