This question has been flagged
8 Replies

Hello, 

I would like to create a project from sales order. I found in videos and forums that it's possible if you configure it at the product level: InvoicingService Tracking, select "Create a task in a new project" or "Create a new project but no task".
The issue is that I don't see the "Invoicing" tab in the product view. 

Can someone help me please.

Thanks in advance.

Discard

Did you install the Invoicing (Accounting) app?

Author

Hello Chris,

Yes, I did.

Best regards;

Fadoua

It's not the Invoicing (Accounting) app you need, it's Sales and Project. See answer below.

Best Answer

Hi,

You have to enable Task logs from the Project Settings

then you can select invoicing policy from the sales tab. If the product type is 'Service'

Regards

Discard
Author

it worked! thank you

Best Answer

If you install the Sales, Project and Timesheet apps the following fields will be displayed in the Sales tab (for Service items).

Discard
Author

it worked after activating the task logs. Thank you

Author

Actually it worked when I activated it in the Enterprise edition (I have a trial version), but in the community version it's still not working.

It should work if the Sales, Project and Timesheet apps are installed and the product is a service item (there shouldn't be any difference between Enterprise and Community versions).

(I had missed Timesheet from the list of apps, so I have updated my answer)

Author

I have all 3 apps installed (sales, project and timesheet) and I'm setting my product as a service but it's still not working on the community version.

You might try upgrading the apps (from the Apps menu) and see if that brings back this functionality. I have tested this in Odoo 13 Community and it does work.

Author

I updated the apps, deactivated the task logs in the project module then reactivated it again and now it works.

Thank you for your help