This question has been flagged

Hi All,

I wish to create a new module for making Payment Entries (both payment received and payment given) in a similar way as Journal Entries form as available by default in ODOO. I guess, this can be done by inheriting the account.move model.

I have 2 issues here: (1)  I could not find appropriate XML file that is used for account.move.form. Where can I find that file? And (2) Can I inherit the view and change the "Debit" and "Credit" columns to only one column "Amount" and write individual lines of journal entry separately in, say, debit field and write the Total Amount of all lines into Credit field?

Can someone help with this?

Regards,

Jayant

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Pandachi,

Thanks for your revert. Actually, the payment entries available in ODOO are possible only to Vendors or Customers. However, I would like to make these entries to any or all account heads created in chart of accounts. For example: Paying for the Office Rent or Electricity Bills, where I do not have a "partner" registered, but the entries are directly made to respective heads such as Rent Expenses or Electricity Expenses. So, the default provision in ODOO can not be used.

So I wish to create a module that works just like Journal Entries.

(Sorry, I did not have enough Karma to comment on your note so putting this message as Answer.)

Discard
Best Answer

hello,

I'm not sure to understand what you want to achieve. making payment entries allready exist in odoo.

Go to accounting -> sales -> payments and create one for sale

Go to accounting -> puchase -> payments and create one for puchase.

When confirm payment, accouting entry (account.move) will be created.

Discard