This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello everyone. Let's see if someone can help me. I created a new class called "Course". I created Many2Many relationship between "course" and "Partner". It works fine. I can add to a partner several courses. But I need to add a field to the form, so that when you would add a course to a partner, you ask an expiration date, to take partners_courses_rel Table 3 courses, the id of the partner, the id of the course, and the expiration date . Someone can tell me how to add the date field in the relationship? Thank you very much.

Discard

Hi Rafael, instead of do that, you can create new object which have 2 field (contain object "cource" and "partner"), a field date, a field many2one into curent form (object contain your many2many field). Then you add a field one2many (reference new object) into current form.

Author

Ok. I did as I have you told, but now I have a problem. I created the relationship between courses and courses_partners, and between courses_partners and partners, and I are the two date fields that I needed, but now when I get the drop down list to choose a course and choose one, then I will choose another, I reappears in the dropdown list the course he had chosen earlier. Would need to remove from the list the courses that I have selected. How could I?

Best Answer

OpenERP Vietnam is correct. Relational tables for many2many fields are handled entirely by the ORM in the background, you cannot just add another column. Make a new object, link the two, and add a field for the expiration.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Ok. So as I have understood, now I have this:

Courses ----m2m----> Partners

and I think I have to do this:

Courses ----o2m----> Courses_partners ----m2o---->Partners

Is correct? Thank you very much for helping me because I'm so lost...!

Discard

Hi Rafael, it is correct.

Author

Ok. I did as I have you told, but now I have a problem. I created the relationship between courses and courses_partners, and between courses_partners and partners, and I are the two date fields that I needed, but now when I get the drop down list to choose a course and choose one, then I will choose another, I reappears in the dropdown list the course he had chosen earlier. Would need to remove from the list the courses that I have selected. How could I?