Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Create another admin user

By
Erik Göranzon
on 9/6/14, 4:49 PM 2,328 views

How do I create another user with admin rights? 

I have created another user but this user can't for instance see any customers. This is on the cloud based version. 

Suggestions?

Bole

--Bole--
| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia
--Bole--

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

Bole
On 9/8/14, 9:12 AM

There is only one user with UID = 1 , and only that one is superadmin...

User with UID =1 is equal to root user in linux, or superadmin with difference that it can only be ONE per database.
All other users that you create can belong to some or all usergroups but they will never gain full "supercow" acces to database.

You can rename that user to whatever suits your need, but it is weery vrong idea to delete that user.

HINT: never user application as superuser, because it is intended only for instalations and tech related usage (such as activating admin interface and modifying views and models...)

hope it helps to understand the meaning of admin user.

Erik Göranzon
On 9/9/14, 2:08 AM

Okey thanks. I got it to work the way I wanted!

/Erik

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/6/14, 4:49 PM
Seen: 2328 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM