Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Create an Invoice for Percentage?

By
Nate Foster
on 1/15/14, 9:51 PM 2,255 views

When I try to invoice a percentage of my order, I get this error: "There is no income account defined as global property. "

After searching, I found this article help.openerp.com/question/8853/no-income-account-defined-as-global-property/#41482

It looks like this would fix my problem, but it does not give enough information for a newb like me.

I goto "XX.XX.XX.XX:8069/?db=PSI#view_type=form&model=ir.property&menu_id=90&action=80" to create the property. The form asks for the "name", which is apparent, but I'm not sure what to set for the "field", "type", and "resource" dropdowns as well as the unlabled dropdown.

"field" dropdown offers a choice of "Access", "Access Mode", "Account Name", "Account Number" etc... "type" dropdown offers a choice of "Many2One", "Char", "Float", "Boolean" etc... "resource" dropdown offers a choice of "Partner", "Product Template" or "Product Category" the unlabeled dropdown offers "product.pricelist", "account.journal", "account payment term" etc...

Nate Foster
On 8/15/14, 2:54 PM

Thank you Khalid.  I've also just found the supporting documentation for the steps you mentioned.  Their walk through covers the creation the accounts (such as the "default income account") that are needed to make the invoice by percentage work. 

https://doc.odoo.com/7.0/book/1/1_3_Real_Case/1_3_Real_Case_db_setup/#configuring-accounts

Khalid Hazam
On 7/26/14, 10:45 AM

Hello,

In order to create a global income account and use percentage invoicing, you have to go to Settings -> Technical -> Parameters -> Configuration Parameters, then create a new field with parameters as follow:

• Name: property_account_income_categ
  • FieldIncome Account. Be careful! There are 2 fields with the same label "Income Account"! you have to choose the one corresponding to the field property_account_income_categ. Use the Search More functionality in the dropdown.
  • Type: Many2One
  • Ressource: (empty)
  • Reference (first unlabeled dropdown): account.account
  • Reference value (second unlabeled dropdown): your default income account, for instance X2001 Product Sales

However, in the generated invoice you will have only one line corresponding to the advance percentage. Be sure to also print the original document (SO) for your client in ordrer to have the details of the invoiced products.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/15/14, 9:51 PM
Seen: 2255 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM