Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Create a user with the same rights than admin

By
Selverine
on 9/16/13, 6:44 PM 1,199 views

Hi everybody,

I would like to use "multi company" and for the moment, even if put for my user has the same rights than the admin (IHM, Access right section), in reality, the rights are differents. I can do more things with my admin than with my user.

How is possible to create an user like an admin?

Thanks a lot!

Selverine

For that you have to create a separate group and name it as group admin, and put your new user under that category. that is the only way to provide user access rights

Abhishek H Menon
on 9/18/13, 11:16 AM

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 9/16/13, 7:35 PM

Actually the admin is the one who can do everything. I am not sure about what kind of functionalities are not working but this is because it's hardcoded the SUPERUSER:

SUPERUSER_ID = 1

You can find it on __init__,py inside openerp folder

Anyways... always you can assign permissions to some views on the interface. If you have any view that it's not displaying to the user then check who can do it and change the permissions to be able to see it.

kaynis
On 9/17/13, 11:46 AM

Duplicate Admin and give it another name. Or you can create a new group by duplicating the admin group and give it another name then make it inherit the admin functionality. and then you can assign your user to have the access of this new group.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/16/13, 6:44 PM
Seen: 1199 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM