This question has been flagged
3 Replies

What is the proper way of setting up the coupon code / promotional code?
I have gone as far as setting up pricelist for the discount, and then activate Coupon-code on /shop/cart, but...

Problem:

1. The discounted prices shows up everywhere on the site.

2. The promotional code always appears on the /shop/cart page, so even new user doesn't need to enter anything to obtain discount.

Can anybody help?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Never mind, just found it.

(Update 22:58: sorry for not explaining the reply earlier, I thought being newbie I asked something obvious/stupid that everybody knew.)

The solution is to create two pricelists: one as default and the other with discount.

Then in the website pricelist, we must also create two website-to-pricelist links (relations)  in the order : default-website-pricelist first and the discounted website-pricelist after.

On the website, the default pricelist (without discount) will be displayed as this website-pricelist is found first, and only when the user enters the promotional code (in shop/cart) that the discounted price will be displayed.

Actually at first I found it not very intuitive until I thought like a programmer, and ask myself what would I do to implement this functionality, and then it all makes sense. Some of odoo design is done from programmer's point of view (which is good now that I know about it).

Discard

It is useless, if you do not provide the answer you have found yourself. Please specify also the Odoo version and the corresponding module you have installed. I'm sure this would be useful for others facing the same issue.

Best Answer

Setting Up the Promotion and coupon with the default price list is not the complete solution.

For the solution to Your Problem:

1. The discounted prices shows up everywhere on the site.

2. The promotional code always appears on the /shop/cart page, so even new user doesn't need to enter anything to obtain discount.

We suggest you once look at the App named Manage Sale Promotions in Odoo for the the general sales operation and Coupon Code in Odoo eCommerce  for the Website sales.

Here are some of the highlighting features of these apps:

Select  any of the following Promotion Levels

1) Global Discount - Applies to all products

2) Category Discount - Applies to specific product category or sub-category

3) Product Discount - Applies to specific product and all its variants

4) Variant Discount - Applies to specific product variants

Then, Select any of the following  Promotion Types

1) Fixed Price Discount

Apply flat fixed price discounts by specifying the exact amount.

2) Percentage Discount

Set specific percentage to offer flat discounts.

3) Range based Discount

Set discounts based on Price Range and Quantity Range.

4) Clubbed Promotion

Merge two promotional offers to provide additional discounts.

5) BOGO Offer

Configure Buy One Get One offer.

Other Features

• Set Promotion Duration by specifying start and end dates.

• Set overall promotion budget and specify maximum discount amount per sale.

• Auto Generate Promotion Codes or use your own code.

• Set minimum order amount or quantity of items in an order for promotion to be applicable.

• Set usage restrictions by configuring total number of times a coupon can be used and maximum number of times a customer can use a coupon.

• Configure promotions to make them available for specific customers or customer groups

• Create & Print Barcode/PDF for the Promotion

• Share Promo Code via email with customer.

• Create QR Code for the promotion and on scanning the QR Promotion will be automatically applied to your cart.   

You can check out these Apps named Manage Sale Promotions in Odoo for the the general sales operation and Coupon Code in Odoo eCommerce  for the Website sales.

Discard