Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Could not restore database from windows to ubuntu?

By
Dritan Meminaj
on 10/20/14, 4:17 AM 1,315 views

Hi, 

I am trying to restore a database in openerp 7.0 and postgres version 9.2 but Odoo show an error "Could not restore the database". The backup database is in OpenERP 7.0 windows environment and this database I want to restore it in OpenEPR linux ubuntu 12.04 installation but gives the above error. When i try to restore this database in another windows installation of OpenEPR everything works fine. 

Can anybody help me? 

Regards

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 10/20/14, 5:30 AM

First, make sure you are using the exact same postgres versions. If you are sure that is the case, then make sure to use pg_dump on the commandline with the flag --format="c". Then restore using postgres pg_restore.

Thanks Ludo I checked the postgres version both on windows and ubuntu and there are diferent, 9.2.2 on win and 9.2.6 in linux. What is recomended to do? to donwgrade postgres on linux to 9.2.2? Regards

Dritan Meminaj
on 10/20/14, 9:25 AM

Using the format=c when exporting should make the export/dump of your database not afflicted by any version difference, so you do not need to down/up-grade any of your postgres versions. More documentation, see: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/app-pgdump.html

Ludo - Neobis
on 10/20/14, 9:40 AM
Dritan Meminaj
On 10/20/14, 9:26 AM

Thanks Ludo

I checked the postgres version both on windows and ubuntu and there are diferent, 9.2.2 on win and 9.2.6 in linux. What is recomended to do? to donwgrade postgres on linux to 9.2.2?

Regards

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/20/14, 4:17 AM
Seen: 1315 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM