This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

After a thorough analysis of 'Could not execute command lessc' i've successfully ran odoo (any version) on my command line with python virtual env.  Am doing this to run odoo in command line

$ . {PATH_TO_VIRTUAL_ENV}/bin/activate (Running the script in the current shell)
$ cd {PATH_TO_ODOO_SOURCE}
$ ./odoo.py -c setup.cfg
And the above runs with proper UI.

Now when trying to run the same from eclipse throws me 'Could not execute command lessc'. I did the below to run code from eclipse

• Installed pydev plugin in eclipse Mars

• Configured Python interpreter (Given the virtual env python path here. i.e {PATH_TO_VIRTUAL_ENV}/bin/python)

• Setup odoo source

• Specified the new python interpreter on the project properties -> python interpretor

• Created a new Run Configuration to run the source with the custom setup file and with the new interpretor

Kindly throw me light on places where i miss. Also i've gone through links on setting up python virtual env in eclipse. They all say the same thing still this lessc dependency is somehow not linked. Please comment if you require more info to identify the error. Thanks for your help! :)

FYI am using mac.

Discard
Best Answer

You need to install Some more packages for Odoo 9 /odoo 10 try to execute this command:

sudo apt-get install build-essential libldap2-dev libsasl2-dev npm nodejs libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libjpeg-dev python-pip gdebi

and NodeJS and other stuff to Run Odoo website:

sudo npm install -g less less-plugin-clean-css -y && sudo ln -s /usr/bin/nodejs /usr/bin/node

Discard
Author

Hi Mounir, pls note that am using mac where apt-get won't work and all those packages you've mentioned are already installed, otherwise it won't run in command line too.