Help

Cost price for Returned Quantities

Mohamed ALnawasany

Odoo evaluate returned products with current cost not original cost (using FIFO - Real price) any one can help ? 

3 Comments
Discard
Aswini M
-

Did you find any solution for this?

We have the same issue..

Thanks

Mohamed ALnawasany
-

we try to develope a new function to calculate accurate cost and it now under testing

Talal Albahra
-

We have it in our que now

4 Answers
miladmahdavi
Best Answer

we have the same problem in our company . what is your solution ?

2 Comments
Discard
Mohamed ALnawasany
-

till now i haven't any solutions and i didn't recommend to make any developement for this part

Ali
-

hi miladmahdavi ,u use Odoo in your company with developer helps or by your ability,i think we are in same country ,maybe we could help eachother. axial4(at)yahoo.com

Mohamed ALnawasany
Best Answer

i follow all info and every thing is ok but still get wrong value for return

Discard
Ricardo Gross
Best Answer
Discard
Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
Best Answer

Returned goods have to follow the regular costing method (whether it's FIFO or Avg), instead of using "Original Cost", otherwise your accounting valuation gets wrong.

Have a look at the following scenario:

• 1 product in stock, accounting value: 100$

• return it to supplier at 90$, it's original cost

• result: 0 product in stock, value in accounting: $10

That would be not correct, as a Gaap point of view. Odoo follows the accounting principle, which is to follow FIFO, or average price, instead of "price of original order before return".

4 Comments
Discard
Talal Albahra
-

Well, you can always return the original cost, unless the stock is going to zero, then you exceptionally use the proper cost.

Other wise, you'll always post different values in the stock and supplier.

So, I strongly vote to use the regular costing method for returns only on the exception mentioned above.

Talal Albahra
-

Or, when you reach a 0 stock with value, you simply need to force run a cost adjustment entry

Mohamed ALnawasany
-

i try your mentioned scenario and here is the result :-

buy 1 unit with 100 $ now inventory = 100

and then buy another one with 120 $ Now inventory valuation = 220

sold 2 units inventory valuation = zero

till now every thing is correct

Customer return 2 items was sold before

and i return the first unit that i purchased with 100 $ to the vendor due to some diffects

the valuation created from sales return with 240 and we acctually evaluate it before with 220

also returned purchase vlaluation c reated with 120 $ and debit not for the vendor bill created with 100 $ and it get different result

all of this cases caused balance in interm and outterm account for stock and this account will not be zero because i found odoo will evalute returned item with current cost on product profile and not consider the original cost for move

Sorry for long describtion

Talal Albahra
-

I told you once Fabien, the costing system needs a revisit and revision