Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Cost of product per warehouse

By
Grover Menacho
on 11/19/13, 10:27 AM 1,750 views

Hey guys, I have the following question. How could I structure the costs per product?

As you know If I have shops and warehouses on different cities and states, costs are not always the same. That's why I need to store costs per warehouse even for accounting entries. Actually OpenERP stores cost of products on standard price, but it doesn't work when you have different costs on each warehouse. Does someone knows a way to handle this? I thought about multi-company but this is not the case, because each shop belongs to the same company. I only want to have different costs based on warehouse.

Is there an addon that handles this?

Thanks.

Israel Cruz Argil
On 8/21/14, 12:06 PM

Hello Grover,

Review this module, lp:~argilsoft/+junk/hesatec_product_cost_multicompany

It handles product cost per company, this was our approach to one project with multishops. Finally the company wants to measure performance for each shop, so we took the path using multicompany environment.

Kind Regards

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 11/19/13, 1:33 PM

Possible solutions without custom coding. 1. Create different products - one for each warehouse with cost. 2. Create attributes for the product that indicate the warehouse and add the appropriate amount to the product price.

If those don't work for you, you are going to have to do some custom coding.

Thanks for your response, but these options doesn't work for me because I do need the same products on each warehouse. I think that I've to code this but it's going to be really difficult because I need the standard price on account journals too and everyplace where standard price is called.

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 11/19/13, 2:20 PM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 11/20/13, 4:29 PM

Have you tried the FIFO (first in first out) module?

https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/7.0-lifo-fifo-qdp

Product prices are persisted for every unit of a product based on the price paid when received.

I'll give a try to check if this is what I need. Thanks

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 11/20/13, 6:42 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/19/13, 10:27 AM
Seen: 1750 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM