Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Correct Usage of Product Variants

By
rahul Hans
on 2/12/15, 2:55 AM 617 views

Hi,

I am learning OpenERP and I woul dlike a clarification on the Product Variant feature. I have downloaded Version 8. 

Let me first explain what I understand by product variants.

Product - "Men's Shorts.

This product can have two attributes IE

Size - XL & XXL

Color - Red & Blue

As a result the Product shorts should have a possible four variants as follows

Men's Shorts - XL, Blue

Men's Shorts - XL, Red

Men's Shorts - XLL, Blue

Men's Shorts - XLL, Red

I find that it is not possible for me to replicate this scenario. I have created the attributes (Sales->Configuration->Products Attributes & Colors->Attributes)  Size & Color. When I go to the variants tab in products and enter I am able to make only a single variant of the Product Men's Shorts - defeating the purpose of variants.

I hope I have been able to express my question clearly. 

Am I missing out on something?

What are product multi variants? 

How can I replicate the above mentioned example by adding a single product and adding multiple colors & sizes and creating product variants without having to create unique product names based on Product & Color & size

Thanks a ton in advance. Any help would be appreciated.

rahul Hans
On 2/12/15, 8:08 AM

Ok,. Thanks. It is working. So that is how it is done.

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 2/12/15, 6:58 AM

Create variants is a bit confusing. When you go to the variants tab in products and enter, you select first variant, stay in this field (Product Attribute Value) and start typing the name of the second, and durning typing, select it. This field is the type of tags, which you can select multiple. You can attribute values, in this field, typing as a new (create).

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/12/15, 2:55 AM
Seen: 617 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM