Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Correct Accounting Accounts Configured for Product Categories

By
Santiago EV
on 4/6/16, 7:18 PM 343 views

I am configuring an new Odoo v9 Installation for a small personal company based on an existing installation of a larger company with Odoo v8.  I am using the inventory management product category account configuration as a reference.  Basically I ended up with the following.  The translation of the account names is:

Income account = Ventas = Sales = which is of type Income

Expense account = Inventario = Inventory = which is of type Current Assets

Stock Input = Saldo de Inventario = Inventory Balance = which is of type Equity*

Stock Output = Costos de Ventas = Cost of Goods Sold = which is of type Expenses

Stock Valuation = Inventario = Inventory = which is of type Current Assets

Im not an accountant but I have some notion of the subject.  The difference between the existing company and this new one is that data was migrated from an existing system and the initial inventory balances were loaded into Odoo v8 at the start.  Am I correct to assume that that is the reason there is a Saldo de Inventario (Inventory Balance)-type Equity account in there?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/6/16, 7:18 PM
Seen: 343 times
Last updated: 4/7/16, 6:32 PM