This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Is it possible to copy odoo 9 installation and configuration along with db from Digital Ocean droplet to another VPS?

I have a DO droplet running with odoo 9 and website set on it, now I have purchased another VPS from some other provider, I want to completely clone my odoo settings and installation to this new server and then by changing the IP in the DNS panel, start accessing the odoo server again.

Any hints or procedure? Thanks in advance

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks to all. I will try the solutions and will update soon.

Discard
Best Answer

You need to install Odoo on The new droplet and replace Only addon folder from your previous Odoo installation. And then start restoring each db Also from previous Odoo. 

Discard
Best Answer

You want to clone it from one provider to another?

I think the best you could do is :
- Backup DB

- Make a Tar

- Prepare the New Server (Install dependencies)

- unpack the Tar File

- Restore DB

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Rahul,

I am also facing the issue to download the source code from Droplet. I found this:

Droplets are virtual servers hosted by DO, access to the code on a droplet is up to you/the owner of the droplet and isn't controlled by DO.

Default access to droplets is provided via SSH which you can use to connect via SFTP if you have the credentials. You can use a client like Filezilla (or another for your platform) which will allow you to upload/download files from the server.

Your droplet setup may be different though, they may have setup FTP, it may have Git repository, but this will be controlled by whoever setup the droplet, not Digital Ocean.

So it is depends on how we have setup our Droplet, can use git or Filezilla. 

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Chandni

Discard