Odoo Help

Convert rml to sxw?

By
Ian Beardslee
on 3/3/13, 9:55 PM 2,604 views

Is there a way to convert the rml of a report back into the sxw format?

I have some sort of mismatch between my printed invoice format and what I get when I use the base_report_designer addon to modify the report in LibreOffice.

I think this is not possible.

Juanjo Algaz
on 3/4/13, 3:04 AM
Ian Beardslee
On 3/5/13, 1:55 AM

Although I wasn't able to convert the rml to the sxw file I did come up with a solution to my problem.

I was able to export the invoice report and save the report_rml_content into a text file. From there I was able to sift through that file to find the various report fields [[ .. ]] and used those parts to rebuild the content of the report from the default invoice report in LibreOffice.

As a bonus I was able to review the default report and add the tax summary that was missing from my custom report. I now also regularly save the document onto my local file system from within LibreOffice.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/3/13, 9:55 PM
Seen: 2604 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM