This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

There are many a times when you have submitted a quote for let's say 30 line items of which you receive order of only 10 items.

So how do you make the balance 20 still appear in Quotation Sent list so that our back-office can follow-up for remaining items.

And what if you receive an order against one quote on x day. and after some days you again receive an order for balance items against the same quote?. They quotation goes off from the list when you convert it to sales order.

Any solution?

Thanks..

Discard
Author

Thanks for your reply. But duplicating would also complicate things and generate false reports. as also duplication would lead to a new quote number and hence the Sales order won't be linked.

Author

What i mean is, if i duplicate a New Quote No. would be there, but in reality I am not sending a new quote to customer and hence he is always going to refer to old quote number which won't be visible anymore as it has been partially converted into a Confirm Sale.

Best Answer

You should stick to 1 quotation -> 1 sales order, otherwise your process will be confuse and error prone.

When you get the partial order:

• duplicate the quotation.
  • on the original quotation remove the non ordered items, close it an go on with it's fulfilment
  • on the duplicate, remove the ordered items and add a reference information to record the original quote # this derives from
  • inform your client the new number that will be used to track the remaining items quote.

With this, rest of the logistic process with be much simper.

Discard

Seams like there is no really good alternative here, I think this would be a really good enhancement request.. for someone to look in to as this is a very common way that the day to day business works..

We have exactly the same situation. The proposed workarounds seems to me a bit to complicate for a usual sales process... anyhow as long only 2-3 users working with this approach it might work.

Best Answer

Actually openERP doesn't create partial orders. You can develop a new module, or you can do it manually. You can duplicate the sale order before confirmation. So you can have two orders and modify them

Discard