Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Convert database from 8.0 to saas-6

By
M
on 2/25/15, 6:40 PM 500 views

Can I simply convert a database from 8.0 to saas-6 by just doing backup & restore?

@M Jansen,

I think SaaS 6 is closer to Master than 8.0. There are a lot of database structure changes that have happened since 8.0.

I would recommend checking out the OpenUpgrade project:

https://github.com/OpenUpgrade/OpenUpgrade

However I doubt they will have any methods available at this point in time, as the SaaS 6 milestone alpha or beta (I forget which) was only announced a few days ago for bug testing.

If you're happy staying with SaaS 6 for that instance then you may be able to find ways to reimport the data, however if you are planning on upgrading from SaaS 6 to 9.0 when it is released then I would recommend just sticking with 8.0 until the 9.0 GM milestone is released.

Luke Branch
on 2/25/15, 9:31 PM
Turkesh Patel
On 2/26/15, 4:42 AM

Hello M Jansen,

You can not convert your DB form 8.0 to saas like this.

For this you need migration script to migrate from one version to another(todo schema changes in your db which have been don in new version like filed rename or model rename...)

You can contact any partner or Odoo sales team to perform this action.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/25/15, 6:40 PM
Seen: 500 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM