This question has been flagged
2 Replies

We are a small company and have no own factory. We produce by contract.

There is supplier1 (S1) and S2 and there is the Manufacturer M1.

We have to order pre-product A from S1 and pre-product B from S2. We want S1 & S2 to send A&B straight to M1 which assambles them to product AB. M1 sends Product AB to our warehouse. Also we need to be able to trac if there are defective goods or scraps deliverd by S1 or S2, for billing reasons. (M1 notifys us if so)

Is there a way to automate this process, with any module or app? If yes how?

Everything is outscource but the logistics part: Order 20 Produkt AB -> Send offer to S1 and S2 with destiantion M1 + assambly offer to M1 -> M1 notifys us about pre-products so we can declare scrap -> does the assamby ->... (Rest normal process)

Is there a way to handle this automatically in OpenERP?

Discard
Best Answer

Yes, OpenERP handles all the steps. You'll need the following modules: MRP, purchases, and eventually stock_no_autopicking and you will need 'Manage multiple locations and warehouses' set on Settings --> Warehouse

image description

To trigger "Requests for Quotations" or "Draft Purchase Orders" based on AB needs (make to order or minimum stock rules), you will need to:

• Create a Bill of Material for AB = A + B

To trigger purchases of A & B automatically, you will need to:

• Set these products in "Make to Order", "Buy", "Stockable Products".
  • Assign S1 as the default supplier for 1, and S2 as the default supplier for B

To ask S1/S2 to deliver directly to M1, you will need to:

• Change the Partner Address in the second tab of the purchase order (if you subcontract manufacturing, it's possible that the address is correctly set and it may uses the one of the subcontractor instead of your warehouse by default. To be checked, I never tested this).

image description

This chapter may help you design a logistic flow where you subcontract the manufacturing operations:

Check section "Working with subcontractor"; it's not exactly what you do but it may help you understand the basics.

Note that these kind of logistic flows is better and easier in OpenERP v8, to be released in Q1 2014 with the new WMS module. Here are the specs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jTLZJNV14saRn1VeZt_wME18YizEnEHB9ZX97WSqavs/edit?usp=sharing

Discard
Author Best Answer

I created a new database + installed MRP, purchases and stock_no_autopicking

I created a Bill of Materials for product AB

Setup the options...

Set these products in "Make to Order", "Buy", "Stockable Products".

Assign S1 as the default supplier for 1, and S2 as the default supplier for B

...for A & B

But i cant find the partner adress at the second tab. There is no field. Did i miss something?

Discard