Odoo Help

Contract currency -- Employee salary in a foreign currency?

By
Doug Ricket
on 7/25/13, 4:56 PM 1,327 views

We have foreign employees with contracts in their home currency (CNY). I created a contract with a Salary Journal and Salary Rules all pointing to CNY accounts. However, when I create a pay slip, the accounting entry generated appears to put the salary from the contract in my home currency (USD), and then multiplyies it by the exchange rate into the secondary currency.

Maybe I've misunderstood OpenERP's support for multi-currency -- it looks like the accounts are actually in USD, but "secondary currency" on the account settings is only partially supported for transactions -- is that right?

Hasan Baidoun
On 1/3/16, 7:54 AM

Payroll is a special case, where native HR modules don't have Mutli-currency Contracts Support. You will need to support this functionality with a customization.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/25/13, 4:56 PM
Seen: 1327 times
Last updated: 1/3/16, 7:54 AM