Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Consolidated Chart of accounts

By
hdr
on 3/26/14, 6:03 AM 3,389 views

Hi all,

We have a multi-company setup with a parent company and some child companies.

Each company have its own accounting chart..

Can we get a Consolidated chart of accounts or it's not possible with OpenERP ?

Thank you so much in advance.

Nehal

--Nehal--
| 5 2 8
Ahmadabad, India
--Nehal--
Nehal
On 3/26/14, 6:49 AM

HI,

"You have to set up Internal Type as Consolidation and set Consolidated Children accounts to make accounts consolidate."

So you will want to create a consolidated chart of accounts for the parent, changing the Internal Type for each account to 'Consolidation' and setting the Consolidated Children field to the relevant accounts from your 3 child companies.

You can refer the following link for more detail: https://doc.openerp.com/7.0/book/3/3_9/chart_of_accounts/#virtual-charts-of-accounts https://doc.openerp.com/6.1/book/3/3_9/chart_of_accounts/#creating-a-chart-of-accounts

hdr
On 3/26/14, 7:24 AM

Hi,

Thank you so much for your answer, Well actualy i have to create a parent company with three differents childs, the first one is frensh , which means that this last disposes a frensh chart of accounts, the second is moroccan so it disposes a moroccan chart of accounts,... , my problem is that i don't know if i have to create the generic chart of account manually or there is a way that automatize this operation some how in openerp 7.

Regards

You can install the required module for Chart of Accounts. And can define different chart of Accounts based on company. Do the account configuration as I mentioned previously. You can configure chart of account using menu Settings/Technical/Configuration Wizards/Configuration Wizards/Set your accounting options by selecting company and chart of templates.

Nehal
on 3/26/14, 7:41 AM

Thank u for your previous answer , i still have one more question if you don't mind, I have raised an Invoice in frensh child company and then viewed chart of accounts of it and it is working fine.Then I logged as parent company and viewed chart of accounts of parent company, but I didn't get a consolidated chart of accounts it showing amount 0 . But in accounting entries I can see the consolidated values. But in chart of accounts it is not working... how can i fix this problem? Thank you

hdr
on 3/26/14, 11:32 AM

This link might help you : https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+question/113046. Please have a look

Nehal
on 3/27/14, 3:29 AM

Thank you so much for your help Nehal

hdr
on 3/31/14, 3:14 PM
hdr
On 3/26/14, 7:19 AM

Hi, Thank you for your answer, well actualy i have to create a parent company with three differents childs, the first one is frensh , which me

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/26/14, 6:03 AM
Seen: 3389 times
Last updated: 10/6/16, 2:15 AM