Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Connection test failed! while testing the outgoing email configuration

By
More9ike
on 2/23/13, 11:15 AM 2,180 views

I got this error when i was configuring the outgoing email on my local machine.

Connection test failed! Here is what we got instead:-2 Name or service not known

These are my settings: Name: localhost SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com Priority: 10 SMTP Port: 465 Connection Security: TLS(STARTTLS) Please note that i tried both TLS(STARTTLS) and SSL/TLS but none of them works!

Please help.

Mark Albrecht
On 2/23/13, 8:03 PM

I use gmail smtp in V7 / Linux setup with no issue. Here are my settings.

SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com Priority: 5 SMTP Port: 465 Connection Security: SSL/TLS and my user name and password

Some ISPs block SMTP traffic so you have to use their SMTP server, if you have not already, try testing with an email client from the host machine.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/23/13, 11:15 AM
Seen: 2180 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM