This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hi,

i'm trying to connect backend odoo to development reasons on pycharm, I created new VENV and I already installed odoo on my device.  I copied the odoo files and add it to my project and when I run it from pycharm it gives me many errors,.

please any one knows what the point is? help me,.

btw import odoo in odoo-bin fike says no module named odoo....

so finally how can I create a new project for odoo 11 in pycharm with all configuration steps ,,

and what is the command for scaffold for odoo11 on windows ? I'm trying to use it also .

many thanks,

Discard

I don't know how to do in Odoo11 but in Odoo10 you need to add the server folder as New project. So in my install "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 10.0\server". I develop the custom modules in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 10.0\server\odoo\customaddons" and have no errors.

For using scaffold you need to open cmd, go to the server folder and run

odoo-bin.exe scaffold your_module_namel ./odoo/customaddons

But as I said this is for Odoo10, I don't know if it works for Odoo11.

Author

thanks but its not working

I got this :

'odoo-bin.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

you need to be in the dir that has this exe file(odoo-bin.exe)... as I said for me it's the server dir. so you need to go to the dir with the "cd" command (cd Program Files (x86)\Odoo 10.0\server) and then use it! I don't know if the folder structure changed from odoo10 to odoo11. And don't forget that I'm using my install dir, yours can be different. If it isn't in the server dir look at other folders

Best Answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGSNUgqZkYU&t=203s

this will help you do it a very solid way.

Discard
Author Best Answer

@samo arko

thanks but its not working 

I got this :

'odoo-bin.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Discard

As I said above you need to be in the dir that has the odoo-bin.exe else you get the error message you posted.